A Proud Family Legacy
Today, Charlie Pullum is continuing to build on the family tradition of a proud family-owned Michigan manufacturer and wholesale distributor of premium quality windows and doors.
Take a moment to scroll through 100 successful years in the woodworking, window and door industry.
- 1920’sPullum manufactured pie-shaped wood blocks to protect wheels on early automobiles during transportation to dealerships where rubber tires were installed prior to delivery.carll2020-02-21T20:12:13+00:00
- 1920’sThe first Pullum woodworking facility opened in Detroit, MI.carll2020-03-10T14:31:32+00:00
- 1930’sTo keep the business from closing, Jack Pullum worked the night shift at an auto factory. By day, he ran the window company where his wife, Bernadine, fed the factory crew and the family on $2.00 a week.carll2020-02-19T17:50:05+00:00
- 1940’sThe first masonry building addition was completed at the Detroit factory. Due to rationing, the factory was built in four phases.carll2020-02-19T17:50:31+00:00
- 1950’sWindow assemblies were manufactured and shipped by rail throughout the Midwest.carll2020-02-19T17:50:57+00:00
- 1960’sThe first products manufactured at the South Lyon, MI factory were solid vinyl storm doors and windows.carll2020-02-19T17:51:19+00:00
- 1970’sPullum became the first Marvin Windows distributor in Michigan.carll2020-03-10T14:30:53+00:00
- 1980’sPullum introduced a special installation program for premium replacement windows.carll2020-02-20T16:47:39+00:00
- 1990’sPullum began distributing Hurd Windows and Doors, which was acquired by Sierra Pacific Industries in 2014.carll2020-03-10T14:32:10+00:00
- 1990’sPullum began distributing Weather Shield Windows & Doors.carll2020-02-27T19:20:37+00:00
- 2000’sSierra Pacific invites Pullum to begin distributing its innovative windows and doors.carll2020-02-20T16:48:31+00:00
- 2010’sPullum takes a giant step forward with its huge glass wall systems and stunning pivot doors.carll2020-02-20T16:48:52+00:00
- 2020’sPullum begins celebrating a century of growth and innovation.carll2020-02-20T16:49:12+00:00